Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Madama Butterfly

SO!
listen...er...read this amazingness!!!
The oboe professor here plays with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra...who does the music for the operas. She gave my voice teacher 2 passes for the final dress rehearsal to Puccini's Madame Butterfly for Thursday at 7. My voice teacher commutes from Maryland, so he can't go...he sent an email out saying that they were up for grabs if we could convince him that we would actually go. SO long story short, my friend Amanda and I scored 2 free tickets to see Madame Butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is only the second opera I've seen live!
My first opera experience was absolutely AMAZING!
When we were in Vienna with choir in December 2004, we saw Verdi's La Traviata in the Wiener Staatsoper with Stefania Bonfadelli as Violetta and Miroslav Dvorsky as Alfredo! (I don't know who they are haha) BUT it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda have been having "Sam and Amanda time" on Thursdays and typically we watch operas...so it's really fun that we get to go see one FOR FREE!!!!!!!! TOMORROW!

YAY!
I'm so excited, I think my head just might fall off!!!
and on the other hand, I feel so horrible, that I think I might just cut off my head! Amanda will be driving as I will be doped up on Robitussin. *ick*

No comments: