Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rant

So...I'm pretty livid right now. Why can't the people I work with show up for work? Every single shift I work *4 days a week* at least one person calls off.
Tonight, I had a softball game at 7...I needed to be out the door by 6, 630 at the VERY latest to still make it the 30 minutes to the game. My manager said he would have no problem getting me out, we just had to wait for either person A or person B to show up first so that they could still have 6 servers on the floor...
WELL the carry out person didn't show up, so he had to take one of the servers and put her on carry out, which gave us 6 on the floor including me.
Since person A and B were going to be there at 5/530, he told me I'd be able to leave, so I called a girl on the team and my parents, to tell them that I'd be able to go...
WELL
who didn't show up?
NEITHER OF THEM!
Person A came to pick up her check dressed in street clothes, and then called off...
person B, who was on a leave of absence, was supposed to be back for her first day today ALSO didn't show up...
so guess who got stuck there?
me.
I mean, I wouldn't have been so angry if I wouldn't have already thought I was going to make it to the game. I told the girls the night before that unless something changed, I wasn't going to make it, so I would have been ok with not even thinking I could go in the first place. It wasn't my managers fault, nor anyone elses that I work with, so I tried my very best not to take out my mood on everyone else, though I had to stop for a second because my anger put me on the verge of tears on several occasions.
All I had to do was make one phone call earlier today letting them know I wasn't coming to work, but I've NEVER called off and I told my boss that I wouldn't do that to him because he was nice enough to let me have Fridays off. Everyone I talked to said, "you should have called in," but I really couldn't. I tried to get my shift covered, but every single person who said "yeah, I can do that," or, "let me see," fell through, but not until Thursday, when it was pretty much too late to do anything about it...so there I was, at work.

My first commitment is to work, so I'm going to show up when I'm supposed to. Softball, though I love it WAY more, doesn't take precedence over work.

But I am SO mad that others don't think the same way. I mean, I know why they don't but it still is NOT FUN AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

UGH!

Ok. I'm done!
Time to make use of the time I have instead of sitting around sulking about something that God worked out for my good (whether I see it or not).

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

That's lame...it's too bad you can't rely on your co-workers. :(