Monday, July 14, 2008

Random update

See, I knew once I got all my thoughts sorted out, it wouldn't be hard to figure out what to do about auditions. I'm not going to do them. It would pretty much be a waste of time to go stand around in line all day when I really don't want to be an American Idol anyway! There are PLENTY of other reasons, but I'll spare the details.

I have been at home by myself since Friday since my parents are in Idaho visiting Lil' Brudder. *He's there working as a carpenter for the Idaho Shakespeare Festival this summer. He likes it a lot. My parents when out to see "Into the Woods", my mom's new favorite musical, thanks to me.* It's been interesting being by myself. My cats love me now that I'm the only one here to give them attention! haha However, Zelah *my kitty...she's all black half Persian, half Himalayan* has woken me up every night since my parents have been gone to give her luvinz. I'm not a big fan of sleep being interrupted by my squeaking cat, but at least she likes me now! haha Zoe *my momma's cat...she's a Heinz 57 variety* is crazy. This cat has to be where I am, especially if I'm in the kitchen. She'll rub her head on my toes until I pet her a sufficient amount. I love them though! :D I've been very lazy this weekend until today. Well...I have been working and playing ball, so I guess I haven't been THAT lazy, but still. Today, they are coming back *they actually just called saying they were in the car on the way back from the airport and will be here in about an hour!* I decided to surprise them by cleaning everything up. I've been doing that this summer, but they have been BIG cleaning projects, so I decided to just clean the kitchen, etc. It looks pretty nice. I can't do anything about the boxes of my junk sitting in the dining room though until I move away on the 10th. The people are coming to put carpet in my brother's room (aka mom's new sewing room) sometime next week, so we need to begin the process of yanking everything out of the room and things need to be picked up for that. We actually just finished putting the room altogether, so it kind of sucks that we have to drag it all back out. Oh well, such is life! The next step is to get my mom to clean out her closet so we only have to make one trip to the Salvation Army instead of 2394823942387. I just finished up her laundry and everything is hanging nicely in the closet. Too bad I can't be that dedicated to my own room. Eh, I'll get around to it before Lou comes next weekend!

I am playing softball for a women's slow pitch league. You have to be 21 to play and the girls average age 35. My team isn't bad. We're not amazing, but it's still fun. My team would be better if the other 3 teams in the league didn't have 3 or 4 girls that could knock the ball out of the park...you can't play defense against a grand slam, followed by a homerun with 2 on base. Needless to say, we've been KILLED our first 2 games last weekend because of such things. I'm playing 3rd base, and to be honest...I'm really comfortable there. I'd rather be at short stop or 2nd just because there's more to do at those spots, but 3rd is a really hot spot in this league. These ladies CRUSH the ball, so even if it's on the ground, it comes REALLY hard. I was kind of nervous at first, but then I realized that this year will be my 16th year playing, so I think I can handle myself. It's a blast! AND one of my greatest friends, Bekah, is playing too!!! We car pool to the games in Man *about 40 minutes away* and belt show tunes the entire way! *She's also my Musical Mondays partner.* Speaking of which...I need to figure out if we're doing that today...


I had a bunch more stuff written about how I'm going to Gatlinburg with 2 of my best friends, but then the internet stopped working and this part of my post was lost...so I'm done.

:D
BYE!

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

I'm glad to hear that you came to a satisfactory decision about the audition, and that you're doing well! We sure miss you up here. :(