Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Singers

I know I said I'd post an update, but I've been inspired to make a list of favored vocalists.
This isn't necessarily my "top of all time" or anything, nor are they in any particular order, just a list of lead singers who tear it up vocally! I'm actually a huge snob about vocalists. I don't really listen to bands with singers who don't sing well. You can call that whatever you want, but I can't really help what I like/how I've been trained.
I hope you enjoy!?

* Freddy Mercury - Queen
* Steve Perry - Journey
* Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw - Styx
* Ann Wilson - Heart
* Martina McBride
* Terry Kath - Chicago
* Phil Collins
* Kevin Cronin - REO Speedwagon
* Christina Aguilera
* Amy Lee - Evanescence
* Michael Buble
* Linda Eder
* Adam Levine - Maroon 5
* Pat Benetar
* Gary LeVox - Rascal Flatts
* Stevie Wonder
* Shannon Hoon - Blind Melon
* Brad Detar - The Juliana Theory
* Whitney Houston


The list goes on and on, but those are a few!

k bye!

4 comments:

he's only chasing safety said...

Phil Collins . . . yes. I can't believe Peter Cetera didn't make your list - he didn't make mine either, but he probably should have.

Samantha said...

oooo he SHOULD have made the list!

Louise said...

Christina- knockout voice, terrible singer

umm...where is Lacey Mosley? She may not be the best trained "singer" per say, but she sings/screams with more passion than most singers do.

Samantha said...

The passion of the vocalist had nothing to do with this list. I went strictly on timbre alone. And yes, while Lacey does sing/scream with a TON of passion, and I do love her voice...I wouldn't put it in my favorites list.