Saturday, July 25, 2009

My sleep schedule

My sleep schedule is completely normal for someone who works 2nd shift, but it's not so normal to function well in the rest of the world.

You see, I typically go in to work at 3 or 4pm. This puts me home anywhere from 9-midnight depending on the day. If I could go directly to sleep upon my return from work, I wouldn't really have a problem, but I can't. It takes me quite a while to wind down from the busyness of the day. Perhaps if I wasn't on my feet, running around the entire shift, I might have a bit easier of a time, but this is not the case.

Because I have to wind down first, I'm not in bed until 1am, some nights (like last weekend) it wasn't until 3. *I actually laid down and had to get up an hour later because I was still wide awake, which is why I laid down again at 3*.

That would be fine with me. I'm ok going to bed that late because I still try to get my 8 hours of sleep and USUALLY, I do!

The problem starts on those days when I have to get up early to get things done, or go to piano class, or be at church at 9am. On those days, I look like death warmed over and have the disposition of the Hulk. I try not to, but I need those sweet 7-8 hours of sleep a night...

So instead of sleeping (the husband has been out cold for about 30 minutes now), I'm in the living room writing this blog, wishing I had something more significant to say, but I don't.


So there you go...a blog about my sleeping habits...instead of something "honest" or "interesting" like I mentioned in my previous post...
Old habits die hard, I suppose.


Writing this DID make me sleepy though!
VICTORY!

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

I hope you can get some rest! Although you're not actually tires, it may be helpful to commit to going to bed with your husband whenever possible. Maybe it will help you train yourself to fall asleep more easily, or it could provide you with some great cuddle time.

If you're not sleepy, you can always find something ELSE to do...LOL!