Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wedding update!!

Hello 4 friends!

Wedding plans are moving at a much quicker pace than they were during the semester! YAY!
My biggest fear so far:
Invitations and all the possible ways there could be mix ups...like not sending one to someone I thought I sent one to, etc. You know, you've been there!
We have also run out of our RSVP online cards, so a few people will get the RSVP by mail who were initially going to get the online ones, but that's not a big deal at all. If it's the only thing that happens, I will rejoice greatly! I have also re-calculated the guest list and we are down to 295 invites! YAY! That's under 300 which I'm pumped about! We did all the initial costs for 150, and I know they say 20% won't show, but we figure since it's a bit of a "destination" for 90% of the guestlist, the number of regrets will be greater than normal. *crosses fingers* I hope. (is that bad?)

Stamps = expensive!! $88 for 200! That's crazy!

Another fear:
Friends asking to bring dates. How do we tell them, "no"? If they are coming and won't know anyone else in attendance, we are allowing a date, also if they have a long term significant other, they can come *obviously*, but if they are going to be there with 23424987 people they know...let's just say the invitation is addressed to 1. It's extremely expensive to feed strangers I've never met and won't see again. I hope this isn't rude. How can I tell friends politely that we would rather them come stag without upsetting them?



Bryan has been working on what we like to call the "liturgy" for the wedding! He's been picking out the Scriptures and working on the order, etc. This is a VERY big help! I'm super pumped. Since he actually knows what he's doing, it was awesome when he said, "so I've been working on our ceremony!" YAY for fiance!

Speaking of fiance, it's been AWESOME to hang out with him on a regular basis!! YAY!




I think that's about all I have to talk about as far as the wedding is concerned! So there's my little update!
They will all probably be wedding related from here until after the honeymoon, just an FYI!

<3

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

Hey man, if the invitation doesn't say "plus one," that's the RULE!!! I will help you enforce it. I'm looking undoubtedly intimidating these days, with random baby body parts protruding from my abdomen.

Totally scary.