Sunday, May 24, 2009

All my girlfriends are leaving - and I'm not OK with it

So far since I've moved to Louisville, my 3 best girl friends have all moved away. Helena was my first Seminary friend - she moved back to Charlotte, NC after the first semester, and now we VERY rarely speak.
Allison and I were such good friends, we were accountability partners - she just left Friday. She'll be in Chicago for the summer, then in Louisville long enough to move her belongings back to NC where her family lives.
Jennifer became my closest music school friend very quickly over the course of the last 2 semesters. I just helped her load a U-Hall yesterday to move back to Georgia.

I'm not OK with this.

It's hard enough to make friends at Seminary. The ratio of boys to girls is like 4000 to 1, and as an engaged woman, I'm not going to make friends with those 4000 boys. I have a few male friends, but only because in music school, you're kind of in each others faces every day for every class and rehearsal that exists, so I don't really have a choice there. I mean, I love my male friends, but I won't hang out with them outside of class. Unless another girl is around, I won't even eat lunch with them.

I've been feeling very lonely lately because of my lack of companionship period. Bryan and I are on completely opposite work schedules, so I only see him on his days off. He goes to work early, and by the time he's off, I'm just heading in to work at Bobs where I stay until the doors are locked. The same is true of work schedules when it comes to time with my roommate, Hannah. She's out the door at 630am every morning and in bed before I get back. We've actually gone an entire week without seeing one each other...and we live in the same apartment!

I feel...sad. That's the only way I can explain it. It's hard to say goodbye to your best friends especially when you have all the free time in the world to sit and think about how they are here anymore.

My kitty keeps me company and I am VERY thankful for her because she gives me something to come home to.

I am very thankful that Katie is coming over for a sleepover tonight!!! That will be a ton of fun. We always have a great time! And I am also super pumped that I've been able to see Teresa a couple times in the past few weeks!

I don't know why I'm complaining. I love the girl friends I have, I just wish I could get out of this stupid apartment and see them more often!


AND
I need to play some SOFTBALL or do SOMETHING ACTIVE!!! This is driving me nuts!



On a WONDERFUL note!
I'm getting married in 35 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

I'm sorry you're feeling a tad lonely, but WHOO HOO (!!!!!!!) on the upcoming wedding!

Louise said...

Guess what best friend...

I'm moving to Louisville!! Haha! I mean, I know we won't get to hang out all the time, but at least you will know that I am in closer proximity to you than I have been in the last 2 years.

Yay!

Samantha said...

Lou -
You have NO idea how excited I am about that fact!

Like REALLY REALLY excited!
:D

I also have to talk to you about that! Something VERY good perhaps!

<3