Thursday, October 2, 2008

thoughts

I've been faced recently with the depth of my own sin. It's always a good thing to know how sinful we really are, but that's been an aspect of my Christian life I've been easy to overlook. At this point in my life the overlooking is not happening as easily, and that's something I'm very grateful for.
When you stop and take a look at your heart, a lot of things come up that you thought were gone and buried a long time ago...
It's been really refreshing to see my sin in this new light, and actually own up to it and repent! I'm one of those people who doesn't repent a lot because I don't realize my need for it very often. That's NOT a good place to be, and I'm really glad God has been showing me my true nature and my desperate need for Him.
This has begun a string of repenting to people I've wrong...some YEARS ago...and I'm really glad that I'm able to do that. It sucks having to humble yourself before someone else...but it's been a really good thing to have my heart softened to this aspect.
I still have a VERY LONG way to go, but I'm really glad that I'm finally on this track in my life!

on another note:
I'm visiting The Mo next week!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

It must feel good to have these things cleansed from your heart!

You're coming up? Yay! I hope we can see each other!