Monday, November 5, 2007

Idol comments

Hey kids! The finale for Mountaineer Idol is rapidly approaching! I'm pretty much a nervous pile of myself. I have opera scenes all week this week, and I'm not nervous about them at all!
In an attempt to make myself feel better (and because I'm unable to sleep at this moment...stupid nap...ya know I didn't think a 10 minute nap would keep me up this late) here are the comments in the DA from last week's performance.
(Sorry they don't have pictures Beth...I don't have a camera, and no one took any for me.)

Taking on another soulful singer was the last performer, Samantha Bartlow. Wearing a long red dress and a black boa, Bartlow performed Aretha Franklin’s “Think.” Though the lyrics of verses could have been clearer, Bartlow reached every impossible note and performed with great presence.
Bartlow was last to perform. Singing Broadway star Kristen Chenoweth’s “The Girl in 14G,” Bartlow donned glasses and a black and white dress as she swung around in a chair on stage. Combining bursts of opera and scat, Bartlow told the story of a young girl’s annoyingly loud new neighbors: An opera singer and a jazz performer. Switching from a prima donna opera star to a swanky jazz singer and back again, Bartlow wowed the audience with her vocal and acting skills.

I'll be performing "The Girl in 14G" for the finale...so hopefully, I can once again 'wow the audience'. I'm also doing "Mercy on Me" by Christina Aguliera...with a few tweaked lyrics since I'm not catholic, and "Vision of Love" by Mariah Carey...which I am MOST nervous about because that was the best of the 4 choices given to me by the hosts.
If you don't know the pieces...look them up on youtube.

Keep me in your prayers this week if you remember. It will be a bit of a stress ball until Thanksgiving break.
On the table for the next 2 weeks:
Wednesday - opera scenes
Thursday - Louisville game
Friday - opera scenes
Saturday - opera scenes (and not work...which is NOT a good thing)
Sunday - Idol finale
Monday - dress rehearsal
Tuesday - choir concert
Wednesday - Danielle's recital
Friday - Shakespeare scene due

BREAK
and BREAK means....I GET TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE OCTOBER 2ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*can you tell I miss him?*

<3





time to sleep! I think I finally made myself sleepy!!!
W00H00

4 comments:

Unknown said...

2 comments - 1: GOOD LUCK SUNDAY! I'm really pumped for you and wish I could be there for it, but I'm leaving Columbus Sunday and start working at Amazon in Huntington the next day. 2: Go Louisville!! Louisville has no D this season, but a killer pass offense. Too bad for me that WVU has the #4 pass defense in the country. Either way... Go Cardinals! ;)

Samantha said...

BOOOOO JOSH and your Louisville-I-don't-even-live-in-KY attitude
:D

Unknown said...

To be honest, my following of Louisville has seriously waned this year. They beat WVU last year and last year was the first season I REALLY got into college football. My college football priorities are as follows:

1. Anything that benefits Marshall takes precedence over everything else.
2. Anything that makes WVU look bad or hurts their season takes precedence over anything below #2.
3. Anything that benefits Ohio State takes precedence over anything remaining.

Beth said...

OH SO exciting. i am praying for you and i wish i could be there! --are you coming to louisville for break? if so, where are you staying?? (hint, hint)