Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I said, "YES!"

Hello cyber land!
To those of you who actually read this and don't know, I'm ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!
He really surprised me which was great AND he picked out a fantastic ring!
*the stories and picture to follow at some point*

We've decided on the end of June which gives us about 7 months to plan it. It can totally be done AND has been done in WAY less time. HOWEVER, I LOVE to plan! Like, give me a vision, and I'll get you there. That's the kind of girl I am. It's been 3 days...and I've already contacted my bridesmaids, told them about their dresses/shoes, signed up for a knot page, entered some information into our wedding website, AND started working on the guest list. I had all morning this morning with no cable and no good movies to watch...why not right!? I'm not really micro-managing anything, for example, I told my girls to buy whatever black dress they wanted. There were a few stipulations *i.e. tea length*, but nothing too much and Bryan's guys are picking out their own tuxes. Since the girls won't look the same, the guys shouldn't be stuck uncomfortable either. So I'm not being that crazy about stuff, but I just really LOVE the teeny details, and it's really hard for me not to be excited about everything. I'm not stressed out, but with the guest list, I'm trying to figure out how to keep it under control...that involves thinking and re-thinking about it - which I'm totally cool with.
I haven't really talked to many people about anything because I don't want to bug them about it, so when I talk to Bryan (my FIANCE! :D) I kind of shove him in front of a bus by bombarding him with all the details...plus the fact that I repeat everything multiple times to help myself process through it all...
Poor guy.
and yes, he does realize it WILL be like this for the rest of our lives.
haha
I already told him that I'm going to try really hard not to nag him. In doing this, I told him what my definition of "soon" was...which is much sooner than his definition...and I told him that I would try to give him specific times instead of just vague sayings like "when you get around to it." Because for ME, that means really soon because it's really important so I'll do it now, but for him it really means, when he gets around to it! SO if I say statements without clarification...I realize that I WILL nag him about it and that's the LAST thing I want to do.

I have also realized that I need to give people a cushion as far as time frame goes. Like not everyone has the time (or cares enough about it haha) to do something exactly when I ask them to do it *like respond to an email or look over music* this fact frustrates me. Partly because I think they should just do it (which is my own flaw, not theirs) and partly because I really love planning, so the more stuff I get done now, the more stuff I get to do later! haha

Oh well!
SO please pray for us all.
Not only for God to work in my and Bryan's relationship, that it would be a light to everyone around us, but also that God would help keep my ridiculous urge to plan and organize under control. I think it can be a great trait, but it can also be a bad one, and there's a delicate balance when doing a wedding. Please pray that I can find that balance without making everyone in my life miserable first!

:D
Thanks loved ones!

5 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am SOOOOO excited for you!!! Of course I will pray for you. :)

But you should know that I also LOVE to plan, especially weddings...and I'm at home ALL DAY with my two rugrats and a laptop. Sooooo, if you want any help or just need to bounce a few ideas off of someone, please use me! I would love to help out! :)

Jacob and Jessi Schwertfeger said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting...and so excited for you! It's a wild ride that I know that you're up for...couldn't be prouder of you!

Beth said...

I was wondering when an engagement blog was going to appear. :) I will pray for you about the org. stuff... I know exactly how you're feeling! Love you both!

Samantha said...

the engagement blog appeared 9 days prior to your comment beth...

:D

Brent and Abigail said...

congrats! so excited for you!